Wearing Face Masks Safely: The DOs and Don’ts.
Are you sure you are using your face masks safely when you find yourself in public places in this COVID-19 season?
This question is very crucial because the use of face masks is one of the key safety protocols in the fight against COVID-19 according to recommendations by the World Health Organization (WHO).
And, since everyone is at risk at the moment, and there’s not yet any cure or vaccine for the deadly disease, everyone is being advised by government officials and medical experts to wear face masks in public places to slow or stop the spread of the virus.
But how do we ensure that we are using our face masks properly and safely in order to protect ourselves and others who come around us?
To make sure you are wearing your masks correctly at all times, we are happy to share with you the following guidance by the World Health Organization.
1.Wash hands properly with soap before touching your face mask
2. Inspect the mask to make sure it’s not damaged or dirty.
3. Adjust the mask to fit properly without gaps at the sides
4. Let the mask cover your nose, mouth and chin
5. Avoid touching your mask
6. Always remove your mask by the strap
7. Pull the mask away from your face
8. Wash your hands with soap after removing your masks
9. Wash the mask with soap in hot water
10. Store your clean mask in a clean sealable plastic bag.
THE DONTs: things you should never do when using masks.
- Don’t use a mask that is damaged, dirty or wet.
- Don’t wear a loose mask
- Don’t wear your mask under your nose
- Don’t remove your mask where there are people within one meter
- Don’t use a mask that makes it difficult for you to breath
- Never share your mask with others
We hope that you too can share this with others, such as friends and family to save lives.